Office hours by arrangement from Monday to Friday
Please note: The availability by telephone does not correspond with our office hours!
Availability by telephone
|Mon. + Wed.||09–12||13:30–16|
|Tue. + Thu.||11–13:30||15:30–19|
Your orthodontist in Berlin-Adlershof for children and adolescents
Children and adolescents require very sensitive treatment, because dental phobia often originates at a young age.
Malocclusions can be treated very effectively at this age. In our practice we take the necessary time to explain all steps and answer your questions.
Usually, orthodontic treatment starts between the ages of 9 and 11. In some cases, however, so-called early treatment is recommended from the age of 5 or 6. You will find out whether, when and how treatment should be carried out in a consultation. A first examination can be useful at around 5 years of age.
Fixed braces are used to correct the position of teeth. Fixed braces consist of brackets, which are glued to the teeth for the duration of the treatment, as well as bands and arches. Gaps and rotated or tilted teeth can be successfully treated in this way.
- Work 24 hours a day
- Faster treatment than with loose braces
- Very good oral hygiene is necessary
- Covered by the statutory health insurance
- Unpleasant to painful, as mainly stainless steel wires are used.
- May cause irritation of mucous membranes
- More difficult to clean
- The elastics which are used provide a habitat for plaque and bacteria.
This is the most advanced bracket system. There is no need for additional elastics, so there is less plaque accumulation around the brackets.
- Treatment is more comfortable.
- Less discomfort during tooth movement due to the use of softer titanium wires
- Less plaque accumulation
- Easier to carry out oral hygiene
- Are only to some extent covered by the statutory health insurance
Ceramic self-ligating Braces
Ceramic brackets are an aesthetic alternative to metal brackets. They are more discreet than metal brackets and increase the acceptance of fixed braces.
- see self-ligating metal brackets
- more aesthetic than other brackets
- more expensive than above mentioned brackets
Made from plastic with metal clasps and screws. They can be one-piece or two-piece. There are a variety of removable brace types. A careful examination of the patient’s findings will determine which type will be used.
- Oral hygiene is easier to manage
- Excellent cooperation necessary
- Little effect if worn insufficiently
- Treatment may take much longer than with fixed braces.
- Not all malocclusions can be successfully treated.
Aligners can correct misaligned teeth within a few months. They do almost everything fixed braces do. The teeth are moved into the desired position with successive aligners. This method is very popular with patients who do not want to wear visible braces.
- Aesthetic, as they are not visible
- Comfortable to wear
- No restrictions while speaking
Usually, orthodontic treatment begins between the ages of nine and eleven. In some special cases, however, a so-called early treatment should be carried out (from the age of six) if growth or developmental impairments can be the consequence. This treatment is usually conducted with removable braces and lasts 1.5 years.
If you or your dentist are not sure whether early treatment is necessary, then make a consultation appointment with us.
Professional mouth guard
A mouthguard made to measure is recommended for all sports in which teeth can be injured. These are not only high-risk sports such as boxing, martial arts or hockey, teeth can also be damaged during handball or basketball.
Especially for patients with fixed braces, we recommend a mouth guard, as otherwise frequent bracket losses can occur. This may delay your orthodontic treatment.
Over 90 % of all people experience tooth movement throughout their lives, both with or without orthodontic treatment.
The gold standard for stabilising the treatment result is the insertion of fixed retainers.
Because a fixed retainer is just made from a thin wire bonded to the inside row of your teeth, it can’t be seen when you speak or smile. It might feel a bit strange at first, but you’ll soon forget that it is there as your tongue will get completely familiar with it!
We recommend leaving fixed retainers for a lifetime.
Another great benefit is that you can’t misplace a fixed retainer because it is permanently bonded to your teeth.
Make an initial appointment for your child now!
Tel.: 030 - 629 070 80